The electrical engineering teaching history goes back in 1910 when the Industrial Electricity School has been created as an entity within the University of Iasi. Following the technical university reorganization in 1968, the department continues its activity being known as Electrical Utilization and Automation Department. Starting with 1974 the department coordinates the specializations Electrical Drives and Electrical Utilization. The Electromechanical specialization has been newly proposed in 1990 and the department has been named Energy Utilization, Electrical Drives and Industrial Automation as known today. Since 1995 till today the EUEDIA department coordinates the Electrical Drives, Electrotechnologies and Electromechanical specializations.